Need some tips for ways to make your Irvine home more comfortable? We’ve got just what you need. Here are our top home comfort articles from our blog archives. They’re packed with some great information about how you can control your home environment for improved comfort year-round.
Irvine Indoor Air Quality
With all of the outdoor pollution we are exposed to each day, it’s important to make sure that we are doing all that we can to keep our indoor air safe to breathe for ourselves and our families. Here are just a few articles that can help homeowners better understand and work to improve IAQ:
- Did you know that weather can impact the air inside our homes? In How Extreme Weather Can Affect the Air in Your Home, we talk about just that. High temperatures can cause an increase in pollen while prolonged wet environments may also result in mold growth. Use the tips in this article to stay safe in any environment.
- Most homeowners know that they should regularly change their HVAC filter each month to keep breathing easy. However, not every home owner is on top of this important task. In Changing Your HVAC Filter: Why is it so important? we explain just why you should be. This is a great article to share with someone you know who hasn’t changed their air filter in awhile.
- How clean is the air inside your home? There is no way to tell for sure without testing your IAQ. In our post, What is Indoor Air Quality Testing? we explain what IAQ is and how it can help you improve the quality of the air that you and your family breathe in on a regular basis. This is a must-read for any homeowner with allergy or asthma sufferers in their family.
- You may or may not have heard about the power of UV lights and how they can keep your indoor air clean. We’ve written a blog post all about it. UV Lights: How They Can Improve Indoor Air Quality tells you just what you need to know about improving indoor air quality with UV lights.
Controlling Home Comfort in SoCal
There’s more to home comfort than clean air. Temperature and humidity control are also an important part of maintaining a comfortable home environment. Here are some posts with valuable information on how to maintain your home environment:
- Programmable thermostats have become a popular device for homeowners across the country. But why all the hype? In our post, Programmable Thermostats: Do They Really Benefit Me? we explain how these devices can benefit you from both a home comfort and monthly energy budget perspective. This is a great read for those who have been considering a programmable thermostat.
- Another type of digital device that is changing the way that homeowners stay comfortable is the smart thermostat. This device offers even more benefits to homeowners who want to stay comfortable while conserving energy. We give you all the details you need to know about these devices from the home comfort experts in Carrier Cor Smart Thermostats. This is a great read for those of you who like to stay connected through the internet of things.
- Many Irvine homeowners find that as the seasons change, sometimes it is not hot enough for air conditioner or cold enough for heat. This can result in some home comfort challenges that are difficult to tackle. But have no fear! The McMaster team covers this and more in our post, The Goldilocks of HVAC: How to Ensure Just Right Home Comfort When It’s Not Too Hot and Not Too Cold. Use this article for information about how to stay comfortable in those in between moments.
- Dog may be man’s best friend, but sometimes the furry members of our families can wreak havoc on our indoor air quality. Any Irvine homeowners with pets will want to read 5 HVAC Tips for Homes with Pets in order to get the information they need to keep their homes healthy and comfortable for every member of the family.
Staying Comfortable in Irvine, CA
Want to learn more about how to keep your Irvine home comfortable year-round? Check back on our blog each month for new and informative content about home comfort, home improvement, and HVAC. Also, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter so that you never miss an update from McMaster Heating and Air Conditioning.